Thursday, November 29, 2007

I haven't posted in a while because we haven't done stuff in a while. B got a stomach bug that took over our lives for a week.

He's been better for a a while now. Yesterday, we went downtown to visit the Art Museum. When we got there, we had a pee emergency so we decided to run into the library instead (it's next door). Finding that the regular bathroom was being cleaned, we rushed back to the family bathroom in the children's department. On our way out, T spotted some Muzzy kits and begged for one. He didn't know what it was, but he was attracted to the pictures. I explained it to him.

The only choices were German or Italian. He decided on German because I said that dh speaks a little German and that many of his work friends are German. We were lucky to even find Muzzy because it was recently purchased and everyone wants it.

The kids really loved the CDs, although T kept saying it was Spanish. We have that cleared up now. I don't expect them to get anything out of it other than exposure to other languages, which is an important concept in general. They have acquired a few new words and phrases. They really enjoy it. The kits are so well done.

After watching DVD1 twice yesterday, I told them they could watch DVD2 today. T was so excited that he ran around yelling, "Ich bin dick! Ich bin dick!" or "I'm fat!! I'm fat!!" Later, I asked T a question and he slowly replied, "Nein."

Right now, I have to get ready. I need to bike and shower. It's going to be a busy afternoon. First, we're going to look at brick for the house. Then, B has rehearsal for his play this evening.

No comments: